Monday, April 30, 2012


“I can’t wait for your death


any longer human

Currently the Lethe takes you

in your pleasures

and successes

hopes dreams

and personalities.

Your were so ripe

Now cold blue

why do you smile

Are you

as ready as I am

to see you off?”
 


The boat trudges on.

The river curls

its lickity fingers at the woman fleshes

turning excited

and impatient.

The boat begins to slosh

violently the bow

dipping harder now.


“Pleeeeeeeeease beeeeee wiiiiiiiiith meeeeeeeeee . . .

your life

is a floooooooooowerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . .

I’ve been awakened

by your scent

It reminds me

of an ocean

I once knew

I release you

from your dark coffin blues!”



Her eyes open

once

close

open twice a little more

This time she rises

the river still



Her eyes spark

with hunger

and her body jumps

up without gravity

Flying her blue bird form

reflecting off the Lethe

The tide withdraws

for another to pass.

No comments: